Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekend recap

We had a great weekend with these FUNNY little boys. (Can I still call them babies??) Saturday afternoon we went to a first birthday party for one of the boys' besties, Addison:

{Reid}
{Grant}
{Reid + the birthday girl}

Before the party, the boys were worried they might face some competition for Addison's affection, so they practiced being extra cool with their Daddy's sunglasses:

{Grant}
{Reid L, Grant R}
{Reid}

On Sunday we went to early church, which marked the boys' first stay in the nursery. They did great -- I, however, did not. I may or may not have cried all the way through praise and worship, until the sermon started.

I had yesterday off for MLK Day, so my mom and I planned to take the boys to the Children's Museum while Ryan was at work. As it turned out, Ryan stayed home sick, but he didn't get to join in on the festivities because he was banished upstairs so as not to expose the boys to his stomach bug. 

At one point that morning I was in the kitchen, and I noticed the boys were being really quiet. I tiptoed into the living room to investigate, and this is what I found:




Precious little bookworms! I hope they will grow up to love reading.

We got to the Children's Museum by around 10:30 and had a great time, even though half of Houston had the same idea.






{Grant}
{Reid}
{Grant}


We broke down and bought a membership, so you haven't seen the last of pictures from our Museum adventures!   

It was a total bummer to have to go back to work this morning, but Ryan and I are taking this Friday off to hang out with the boys, so that made it a little more bearable. 

Have a great week, friends! 

***Updated to add: The boys were supposed to be born on this date (Monday, Jan. 17) last year. It marked 37 weeks in my pregnancy and was the date my c-section was scheduled for, before my doctor decided to deliver them 11 days earlier to keep me from going (more) postal. While at the time I was beyond relieved to be rescued from the misery that was my pregnancy, I soon realized that making it to the 17th would have most likely spared us the heartache that was leaving our babies at the hospital for 15 days. I still can't really talk about those NICU days, but I did want to commemorate this date somehow.***

1 comment:

  1. You rock those mullet curls until kindergarten and that, friend, is an order!

    ReplyDelete