Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Eve

We kicked off our Christmas Eve celebration by attending the 2 p.m. candlelight service at HFBC with Honey, Aunt Sassy and Uncle B, Aunt KK and Aunt Momo. It was raining like crazy and really cold, but I'm so glad we went anyway. The service was beautiful and just really special to me. I couldn't help but get emotional as I sat in the sanctuary with one of my sweet boys on my lap and thought back to the same time last year when I was soooo pregnant and miserable. I couldn't even fathom how much I would love these babies, nor did I realize that they would arrive just 13 days later!


From there we headed to Honey and Big's (after driving around for an extra 45 minutes so the boys would keep napping). We regrouped there for a few minutes and then went next door to my Uncle Dale and Aunt Michele's for Christmas Eve with all of Memaw and Papaw's kids, grandkids and great-grandkids. We had dinner, opened a few gifts and hung out with the extended family for a bit, and then it was back to Honey's. First there were a few more gifts, including a bunch of Disney DVDs from Aunt KK and Aunt Momo and some giant Legos and a see-and-say from Aunt Sassy and Uncle B:


Reid

Grant

Reid


Grant



Reid
After baths there was another round of presents, including this wooden activity cube, which continues to be a favorite... as well as delicious, apparently:


Reid


Grant


Reid loved it so much he didn't want to let go:

I have an unhealthy obsession with those smocked Santa pajamas, by the way. Seriously can't get enough of them, and if they made them in grown-up size I might have made Ryan wear a pair, too.

Then it was off to bed, with more merriment to be continued on Christmas morning...

1 comment:

  1. Home sick today so all of these blog posts are like a belated Christmas gift to me! I am dying at the cuteness... all of you! Love their gentlemen's combovers and the PJs! I die. Looks like Santa was awfully good to them. Hard to believe they will be ONE in a few days. p.s. should I be copyrighting my photos?

    ReplyDelete