Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One is fun!

Has it really only been five days since I last posted? Then how can I possibly have what feels like 20 posts I need to work on??

A lot has happened since last Thursday... namely, two little boys turned ONE! There are several hundred pictures from their party and their one-year photo shoots (yes, plural) that I need to sort through, but for now I can at least post about what we did on their actual birthday, which was Friday.

Mimi, Poppy and Megan were in town, and Ryan and I took the day off to spend it with the boys. We knew we wanted to do something special and fun to celebrate, so off went the seven of us to the Children's Museum. I wasn't sure how the boys would do since they're still so young, but I can not overstate how fantastic it was! The museum has an area called the Tot Spot that is restricted to kids under 3, and the boys had the time of their lives. Get ready for picture overload. (But what else is new??)  

Grant
Reid

Grant L, Reid R
Grant
We stayed for nearly an hour and a half, and the boys never stopped. They LOVED these little individual ball pits and probably would have stayed in there the entire time if I hadn't gotten so grossed out by them putting the balls in their mouths.

Grant

Reid





There were so many safe, interesting areas for them to play, and it was just a joy to watch them have so much fun exploring.

Reid


Grant





There was no shortage of things for them to check out, but their very favorite was this padded climbing ramp thing. They were climbing maniacs, and the looks on their faces were priceless -- a combination of pride and absolute glee.


Reid

Grant

Do you think this kid is having fun??




My gosh, I love these rowdy boys.


At the top there was a big slide that Ryan, Megan and I all took turns on.


Aunt Meg and Reid

Mom and her boys (Grant L, Reid R)

Daddy & Reid

Daddy & Grant
Did I mention they were all over the place?? It is so much fun to see the world through their precious eyes!

Reid

Grant




Reid

Grant


Reid

Reid

I know they won't remember what we did on their first birthday, but you can bet it's a priceless memory I will never, ever forget.

3 comments:

  1. Fun! They look like they are having a blast. And I feel you on the yucky germs but at least they made you cover your shoes! Love those ONE YEAR OLDS and love their curls! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree mom, the look of pride and glee is priceless. Just so darn proud of all they can do. i can see you guys spending lots of time there in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you had a blog! Definitely going to start following you. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know I'm not the only one obsessed with bunting. Looks like the boys had a great time at their party!

    ReplyDelete