Monday, December 17, 2012

Thanksgiving in Georgia, Day 4

We're back from a whirlwind trip to Walt Disney World, but I need to get current on Thanksgiving and the weeks in between before I can post about our trip... so bear with me while I play catch-up!

We had big plans for the Friday after Thanksgiving. Sweet Katie had agreed to take our family Christmas pictures, so after breakfast we got the boys dressed in their cute cute clothes and headed 45 mins away to a little park near her house. She had a darling Christmas scene set up, complete with a tree with vintage airplane ornaments and a "Merry Christmas" sign, which entertained the boys for all of about 3 minutes before the meltdowns started. It's a sign of the almost two-year-old times, I suppose! Thankfully Katie was still able to get some sweet, special shots, which I'll post here soon. 

We spent the rest of the day much like most of the rest of our trip: outside and snuggled up with loved ones. Lanie's mom was SO sweet to bring R&G these gifts at Thanksgiving... and seriously I can not think of anything more perfect for them! Wheels + a handle for pushing + bubbles = a match made in heaven for these boys.

 
 
 

Of course there was more time spent in the swing, too...

 
 
 
And a chance to play and read some books with Nanny and PopPop. Sadly, I was only able to get a couple of photos of all four of them together all weekend, as the boys weren't feeling especially cooperative and didn't want to stay in one place for very long.

 
 
 
 
 

Saturday morning came too quickly and it was back to Houston. Sad to leave, but with hearts full of thankfulness for family and friends, and especially grandparents, great-grandparents, and aunts and uncles who fill these boys' lives (and ours) with so much love and nurturing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment