Sunday, October 30, 2011

A weekend at home

It wouldn't be the weekend if I didn't post some wagon pictures, right?? Ryan played in (and won!) a golf tournament on Saturday, so the boys and I were on our own for awhile. Reid was extra cranky sensitive, so I fell back on the surefire way to cheer him up: a loooong wagon ride.

It was pretty chilly here this morning, and with Reid just getting over his fever I didn't want to take any risks, so I bundled them up like it was 20 below and off we went.




Remember how I just posted about them taking toys away from each other constantly? Here's photographic evidence of a theft in progress:




Wagon rides really are their most favorite thing in the whole wide world.




Every time we stopped for pictures, I was so, so thankful the wagon had seatbelts. I have no doubt they would bail out if they could. As it is, they lean so far over the sides that I'm afraid I'll run over their fingers if their arms get any longer.

Here's Mr. Sensitive Reid, who thankfully has been fever-free since Friday afternoon:







And Grant, whose expression in these first two pictures I will remember for as long as I live. He makes this face -- an all-out, eyes-disappearing, make-your-cheeks-hurt grin -- at least 100 times a day, and I melt every single time.





This afternoon we have our neighborhood Halloween party, and the boys can't wait to show off their costumes. Here's a sneak peek from Friday night -- we were outside swinging and I wanted something to keep their heads warm, so I grabbed the hats to their costumes since they were nearby.



Stay tuned for the official unveiling!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, why are you going to make me wait to see more of those... peas and carrots? So cute!! And that face of Grants is hilarious!

    Finally, where oh where did you get those anchor hats? Must have!

    ReplyDelete