Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Clemson might want to consider a new fight song

After Grant showed us this weekend that he is more than capable of keeping up with his brother, we identified a surefire way to make the boys crawl/scramble wherever we want them to go. These musical Clemson dinosaurs were a shower gift from my mom’s dear friend (and my 7th grade Texas History teacher), Cathy Harbour. The boys LOVE them, but seriously, the music and lights could not be more obnoxious… I know Ms. Harbour is laughing maniacally right now as she reads this.

This is a warning: only grandparents are going to want to watch 8.5 minutes of these boys motoring around our living room this past Saturday morning. I realize it’s not the most riveting programming, but I’m pretty sure there’s nothing their grandparents would rather watch.

A few notes:
  • My cinematography skills will make even the most cast iron stomachs queasy. My apologies. It’s not easy being the cameraman, director, casting agent and set dresser all at the same time.
  • Go Clemson.
  • If anyone knows what song the dinosaur is playing, please PLEASE let me know. We have listened to it no fewer than 200 times, and for the life of me I can not understand a single word they are singing. Not one word. In fact, it may be in another language; I can’t be sure.
  • Notice Reid making light work of our stellar padding on the hearth. Babyproofing FAIL!
  • No, the dinosaurs do not shut themselves off. Ever.
  • It’s a shame these boys don’t get enough attention, as evidenced by their hamming for the camera.
  • Yes, we need to find storage space for a ton of baby stuff that is currently being stored in our living room, to include infant carseat bases, Boppys (-ies?) and their activity mat (which they have a renewed love for), to name a few.
  • Yep. The dinosaurs are still going. Thank you, Ms. Harbour. J

1 comment:

  1. So cute, but yes that music gets a little old! We have the same janky fireplace guards and I finally just gave up and tossed them. Hercules Hodgson ripped them all off within about 4 minutes of installation.

    ReplyDelete