Wednesday, October 5, 2011

They oughta be in pictures

I'm going to be lazy and just slap up a few videos we took last night just before bathtime. Reid was rolling everywhere and Grant was imitating me blowing raspberries (which he only halfway replicated for the video, of course).


That little thing he does--I don't even know what to call it---the thing where he balls up his hands into fists and kind of grunts and strains his face--at any rate, I absolutely love it. He does it when he's excited about something, or when he's putting on a show... which is pretty much all the time.


BOTH of these stinkers pulled up last night, although we only caught Grant on video. Reid pulled up to his knees on their toy basket (after rolling to it, mind you), and Grant pulled up to his knees on the ottoman because he wanted the remote control. Not even 9 months old and already motivated by man-things.


Like I told Ryan last night, I'm about 100% sure that they're both going to start crawling while we're in Colorado. Honey, maybe you shouldn't put them on the floor at all this weekend so they can save their big debut for their mom and dad... whatcha think??

I've got my money on Reid being the first to crawl. Grant has been closer for a lot longer, but Reid is making some serious come-from-behind progress. He already scoots his knees; now he just needs to add his hands and there will be no stopping him.

Here's one more little clip of Grant, just for cuteness' sake:


Tomorrow is their 9-month birthday, and I have been busy packing for our trip this evening so I'll have time to edit and post their photos tomorrow night. In theory. We'll see if that actually pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment