Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy 8 months, Brothers!

No way has it really been 8 months since we sat in my doctor's office and learned that we would be meeting our two precious babies that very day. Eight months since we became parents to two stinkin' baby boys. Eight months since we experienced joy like we had never known before.

I know I say the same thing every month, but seriously, there is no better word to describe these two little loves besides joy. This past month has seen so many changes and so much growing up... along with so, so much sweetness that most days (or every day) I swear my heart can not take it. 

These kids are paying more and more attention to each other with every passing day. Sometimes we'll catch them sitting in their exersaucers and facing each other, babbling away at each other. I've tried several times to catch it on video but as soon as they see me, they stop. I can only imagine how many times that will happen throughout their lives.

They are so, so close to crawling. They get up on all fours quite a bit now, and Grant does a lot of scooting on his belly -- mostly backwards. We babyproofed the house this weekend, so we're ready for them... in theory.

They give sloppy, wet, open-mouthed kisses when we're lucky, and the giggling and squealing... oh, the giggling! It is the sweetest sound I have ever heard. The most surefire way to elicit a belly laugh is by tickling their ribs while burying your nose in their tummies... followed by tickling their feet or their chunky little thighs, and making some noise resembling a bodily function.

They each have several top teeth on the verge of making an appearance (in addition to Grant's one that is already there), and it has made them both a little cranky the past few days. But even their crankiness is precious... they fuss for a few minutes and then can't help but grin and giggle.

I have loved experiencing things with them for the first time. They sit back and take everything in so calmly and happily -- whether it's dining at a restaurant, riding in a wagon, or even trying a new food. They really just personify happiness and innocence at every turn.

Now onto the cuteness. Here's Reid, my Baby A:


And my Baby B, Grant:


(He looks so much like Reid to me in the next-to-last one!)

And finally, The Brothers:


It is such a privilege to be their mom, but OH, how I hope these next four months will crawl, because I am not ready for my babies to be one-year-olds. I still can't believe God has trusted us with these two precious boys, but I will continue to thank Him every day for this amazing gift. Your mommy loves you, Brothers!


**Edited to add: How could I forget one of my favorite things about the past month?? Reaching! When we come to get them out of bed, or out of their exersaucers, they will reach for us now. They like us, they really like us!

1 comment:

  1. Friend, I am going to cry! This is just the sweetest. And you do have two of the most precious, sweet, and happy babies I have ever seen! love them!

    ReplyDelete