Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Georgia on my mind, part 2

As soon as we started planning this trip, I asked Peggy if we could possibly visit one of my very favorite places in north Georgia: the Wolf Mountain Winery. We first visited Wolf Mountain back when Ryan and I were dating, and I fell in love--so much so, in fact, that we seriously considered getting married there, but for my weird hang-up about their ugly chairs (which have since been replaced, I noticed this weekend). Peggy calls it her happy place, so I knew she would be happy to oblige.

So, on Saturday afternoon, after the boys' morning nap, we headed up to Dahlonega. I thought they would sleep on the hourlong drive, but I was very, very wrong. They talked and hollered and played and blew raspberries (Reid) the entire way there, until we were about 5 minutes from the winery when they both crashed. Of course. But I worried for nothing, because they were both good as gold the entire time we were there. (This is pretty much always the case... it's only later--sometimes that evening and sometimes the next day--that we deal with the sleep-deprivation fallout.)

They provided some cheap entertainment while we ate lunch:

Reid... you'll notice a theme throughout all these photos.

Angel face Grant
And then it was time for them to explore the winery while Megan and I (and eventually Peggy and Nolan) did a wine tasting.

Grant with Mimi & Poppy
Little monkey Reid and his daddy

Grant with his impressive collection

Reid & Daddy

I'll give you two guesses as to who's on the right.
Grant and his daddy among the vines

I had specially requested some great fall weather, and I was in luck--and I could not have been more excited to break out the boys' fall duds. These shirts (from their Honey) are one of my favorite things they have ever worn. With their first blue jeans and their orange tennis shoes (which were promptly removed after we temporarily lost one outside), they could not have looked cuter or bigger. 

So cute that of course I had to take more pictures once we got back home. Imagine that!

Reid
Grant
Reid

Grant

Reid

Grant
Finally, that night after the boys were in bed, we celebrated Nanny's (belated) birthday with cupcakes and Wolf Mountain's yummy port, Delicieux.

It was a wonderful day with some of my very favorite people at one of my very favorite places. And of course, thanks again to our #1 memory-keeper, Uncle Nolan, for the majority of these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment