This past weekend, Ryan played in Shawn's member-guest golf tournament in The Woodlands, so I had to line up some helpers. Aunt Sassy came over Friday evening to lend a hand with dinner, bath and bedtime. We really thought we might get to see some crawling, but no dice. They are both pretty even with their progress -- they get up on all fours and rock consistently (Grant more often than Reid), but then they get frustrated and flop back down on their tummies before they move forward. They have figured out how to get where they want to go anyway, though: Grant slithers and Reid rolls.
Saturday morning was a whirlwind. I fed the boys their breakfast and got them dressed, and then right after their nap we headed to a little baby brunch I put together to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Katy's new baby, Gray. Luckily Aunt Sassy was attending as well, or I never would have been
I'm pretty sure Reid ingested a whole day's worth of calories because Aunt Sassy fed him the entire time (puffs, grilled cheese, cornmeal pancakes, water from a straw) to keep him happy, but it was worth it in the name of peace and quiet. Grant was a little more restless; he lasted an hour or so in his high chair, and then he moved to my lap. At one point he was standing up and looking over my shoulder, when I heard a table of ladies giggling behind us. I turned and looked and caught him flirting like a madman: flashing his huge, toothy grin and then ducking his head pretending to be bashful. He is a ham for sure!
I was so thankful to be able to spend this time with so many of my sweet girlfriends, but I definitely didn't get to engage like normal because my hands were so full. I listened to everything with one ear and started and stopped countless conversations mid-sentence. But in all, it was still a sweet, sweet time. I can't wait to meet Baby GMF next month (fingers crossed)!
Oh, and as a side note, I picked up these adorable bundtinis (mini bundt cakes) from Nothing Bundt Cakes to serve for dessert, and holy cow, they are delicious. These little babies give cupcakes a run for their money -- definitely worth checking out if there's one near you.
After the brunch the boys and I headed to Dayton so Honey could help me Saturday night. We had a low-key afternoon with lots of play time and snuggling with Honey and Big. Sunday brought a fun treat, too: pancakes and peaches for breakfast and chicken and dumplings for lunch. No wonder these kids have been less-than-thrilled lately with the pureed veggies I painstakingly prepare for them.
We headed back home Sunday afternoon to spend the last few hours of the day with Ryan. The boys were so proud of their daddy -- he won the tournament's putting contest and got "closest to the pin" on two holes!
Lord, please let the genes for these babies' athletic ability come from their daddy. Thank you and amen.






No comments:
Post a Comment