Sunday, March 17, 2013

Here they come to save the daaaay

When Mimi and Poppy visited two weeks ago, they brought an extra-special surprise for the boys: superhero capes made by Mimi! I was not ready for the cuteness (and 100% BOY-ness) of these two in their personalized, reversible capes. (Reid's in the blue shirt and Grant's in the orange.)


Thankfully Poppy was on hand to give superhero flying lessons:


And Mimi helped with wardrobes:


And then this happened, and I nearly died from adorable overload:


I can not even handle the attitude and purpose with which they strutted through the foyer. They were boys on a mission!

And speaking of attitude:


Once they were tired of flying, the superheroes headed upstairs for some play time... but the capes were never far away:


Even superheroes get thirsty sometimes (and these two are lucky they have a Mimi who's nice enough to let them drink water out of the cups from their play kitchen):


(I think they know it, too.)


They like their Poppy just a little bit, too:


Basically, everything they did while wearing their capes was pretty much the cutest thing I had ever seen. 


This is the definition of double trouble:


Here are a few more pictures from the rest of Mimi and Poppy's visit:

{Mimi & Reid blowing bubbles}
{Mimi & Grant with the bubble machine}

Like always, their stay ended too soon. The boys continued to ask about them every morning and evening for over a week, so I know they miss them, too!


We love you, Mimi and Poppy -- hurry back to Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment