Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Elmo's biggest fans

Since before the boys were born, my mom has been talking about taking them to Sesame Street Live. I knew last year they were too little to enjoy it, and though I thought this year might be borderline, we decided to give it a shot. R&G love Elmo ("Melmo"), so we were excited to let them see him in person. 

Of course, as luck would have it (and as I mentioned in an earlier post), Reid started running fever and threw up the Friday before the show, and Grant woke up that day with fever so I expected him to throw up any minute. They both seemed to be in good moods though, and I didn't want them to miss the show (and truth be told, I didn't want to waste the $200 we spent on tickets!)... so I loaded up a couple of changes of clothes, Ryan packed the puke bucket and cleaning supplies, and off we went, stopping to pick up Honey along the way.

Thankfully, the ride to Beaumont was puke-free and the boys were in pretty good moods. Here they are in their Honey-made Elmo tees, rocker jeans, and brand new red Toms, about to walk into the auditorium:

{Reid L, Grant R}
 
{Grant}
I'm not sure they've ever been cuter (or looked more like 4-year-olds, *sniff sniff*).

While we waited to go in, they played at a few of these little character stations. This first one is Zoe, who is one of their favorites (they say "soh-wee"):


{Grant L, Reid R}
 
 
{Reid}
The show was scheduled for 1.5 hours with an intermission, and I really thought we would be lucky to make it 30 minutes, but these little superfans surprised us! Of course, it helped that they had some overpriced Elmo souvenirs to keep them occupied during the show:

{Grant L, Reid R}
They didn't last very long in our laps, but they loved standing in the aisle and dancing, clapping, and occasionally trying to make a break for the stage. 

During intermission, the vendors came trouncing down the aisles with $1000 worth of Elmo balloons (seriously, at $10 a pop it's not a farfetched concept!), and Honey couldn't resist: 

{Grant L, Reid R}
{Reid}
 
{Reid L, Grant R}
We left with about 15 minutes left because Grant's fever came back and he started to wilt. Reid decided he was a big boy and didn't need to hold anyone's hand, so he and his balloon walked through the halls all by themselves:


We drove through Chick-fil-a on the way back to Honey's, they took a nap and played with Smokey ("Foamy," as Grant calls him), and then Ryan came and met us for dinner. 

Miraculously, neither of them threw up and they were both back to 100% the next day, so I am SO glad we went. Big thanks to Honey for making the trip with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment