Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Sunday

Whoever is in charge of this blog should be fired! I am four posts behind, but catching up starts NOW.

We had a wonderful--if exhausting--Easter Sunday. Mimi and Poppy were in town (more on that in an upcoming post), and we were all up, dressed and out the door by 8:30 a.m. for early church. We even had time to take a few obligatory photos first.


Church was wonderful, and then Honey and Morgan came over afterward for lunch. R&G took an awesome long nap while Peggy, Mom and I got lunch ready, and woke up just as we were sitting down to eat. It worked out perfectly!


"Mean eyes" -- Grant's favorite (and funniest) new trick

In case it's not obvious, these kids were pretty stoked about ham, green rice, macaroni and cheese, and (decaffeinated) sweet tea.


The boys had tried their hand at egg-hunting at our neighborhood Easter party on Saturday (another post to come--told you I'm behind), so I knew there wasn't much point in trying to relive it on Sunday. Instead they settled for examining their Easter baskets while sitting on top of the kitchen table -- a big treat in its own right.


As is the norm lately, their favorite part was the new books:


It was a nice, long afternoon with lots of time for playing:


And, because I'm sucker for nostalgia, here are a couple of pictures from their first Easter:


I've never been more grateful for the reminder that we serve a risen Lord, and death has no power over those who believe in Him. He is risen indeed!

1 comment: