Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mum-mum yum-yums

I know I still need to write a post on Ryan's birthday, but I don't have the energy tonight. So instead, here's a little glimpse into our Thursday evening.

Every day the boys' fine motor skills get better and better, so we've been trying little finger foods here and there. Bananas are too slippery and puffs are still a little too gaggy, but tonight we found a snack that is juuuuuuust right thanks to their older and wiser pal and baby mentor, Oliver.

Check out these big boys with their Mum-Mum veggie rice cakes.

Reid first:




"Do I have something in my teeth?"
And Grant:




 
They L-O-V-E-D these things. They loved that they got to hold them and gnaw on them, and I loved that they dissolve so quickly they're not a choking hazard. (Mama's a little paranoid; what can I say?) Ryan even tried one, and gave it two thumbs up.

This was Reid's face when he realized his was all gone:


  

After the near-miss mum-mum meltdown, we retired to the living room for some family playtime. Miller was right in the middle of the action, as always, and you can see one of the old Blackberrys (Blackberries?) Ryan unearthed since these two are obsessed with ours:


Grant
Reid
There was lots of crawling practice to be had, too. Grant scooted around and got up on all fours several times:



And not to be outdone, Reid hoisted himself up too:




But the pressure proved too intense, and he just couldn't take it anymore:


It looks like we better spend this weekend battening down the hatches!

No comments:

Post a Comment