It's amazing how quickly they're growing and learning new things. They'll be 5 months tomorrow and I swear this past month has been the most fun so far. They smile all the time now, they have (just this past week) started laughing quite a bit and they LOVE their exersaucer, jumpy seat and johnny-jump-ups. At the beginning of May they were still too wobbly and short for these toys, but now they totally go to town. They know how to hit the right buttons to turn the music and lights on (or maybe they just get lucky, but still, it's cute) and they just have the best time.
![]() |
| Hanging out in their johnny-jump-ups today (Reid L, Grant R) |
![]() |
| Big boys having so much fun (Reid L, Grant R) |
I woke up in the middle of the night Thursday and checked the video monitor, like I always do, to see that he was completely face-planted in his bed, and I could not get up the stairs to their room fast enough! I flipped him onto his back, and by the time I got downstairs and checked the monitor again, he was right back on his tummy. Grrrr!
I'm not going to lie, it completely freaks me out, especially since they're no longer wearing their apnea monitors. I told Ryan last night, if I'm this worked up about them sleeping on their stomachs, I'm scared to think about how I'm going to feel when they start driving, go off to college, etc... and now I need to stop or I'll be crying!
These next pictures are two of my favorites we've taken to date. Every evening before bath time, we play with the boys on our bed. We do tummy time, sing songs, play airplane, tickle them and just soak up their cuteness. Tonight Grant kept rolling over, so we scooted him about a yard away from Reid to give him enough room... and the next thing we knew he had rolled from his back to his stomach and then onto his back again, and he was laying practically on top of Reid. He just hung out there with his head on Reid's stomach, and Reid put his little pudgy arm around his brother, and they laid there like that for a good 3-4 minutes.
| Best buddies (Reid L, Grant R) |
| Sweet, sweet brothers -- maybe my favorite picture ever! |








No comments:
Post a Comment