Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pumpkin patch 2013

Continuing with our theme of being at least two months behind on blog posts...

I'm not sure exactly why I put off our trip to the pumpkin patch this year, but October 30th rolled around and thanks to some prodding from Honey, I knew we had to get to it. We visited the patch at FBC Dayton... and learned that when you wait until the day before Halloween, you'll be left with mostly rotting and picked-over pumpkins. 

The boys didn't seem to mind, though. They were happy to run around the pallets and see how many pumpkins they could pick up. Basically, anything except sitting still and smiling for the camera, of course!

 
 
 
 

There were way too many cool things to check out to be bothered with taking pictures, obviously...

 
 
 

And just to prove how annoyed he was with me, Reid refused to open his eyes at all at this point...


We ran into sweet Wyatt, who also was wearing a shirt made by Honey (and Reid still wouldn't open his eyes...)

 

They found some that were just their size...

 
 
 
 
 
 

It turns out rickety old pallets could provide hours of entertainment for two adventurous boys who actually enjoy getting their feet stuck between the boards.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The only time I could get them to be even remotely still was when they found this scarecrow cut-out.

{Grant}
{Reid}
{R}
Sometimes these toots put the "punk" in punkin... but I think we'll keep them!

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment