Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day weekend

We had a pretty low-key weekend that was mostly spent trying to to help these two little boys feel better. I stayed home with them on Friday because Susan had taken the day off to watch Sam show his animals, and when the boys slept until 7:15, I knew something was up. (They've woken up every morning for the past month like clockwork at 6:30... ugh!) 

They both woke up with fever, so we just spent the day cuddling on the couch and watching "Tie-yoo" (Caillou) on repeat. They seemed to be feeling better that evening after their naps, so Honey and I ran them over to Beaumont to buy new shoes... and we should have known better, because Grant threw up in the shoe store (good thing we bought four pairs of shoes!) and then Reid followed suit in the car on the way home.

They were pretty puny all day Saturday too and had crappy naps, so I took them to the park for awhile and then we had a fun treat: their first snow cones! Neither of them had eaten very much for the past couple of days since their throats were hurting, but they seemed to enjoy the snow cones.


{G's first snow cone}
{R's first snow cone}

On Sunday morning we headed to early church with Honey, Sassy, and B. When we picked them up from their Sunday School class, the teacher told me she had asked Reid what he thanked Jesus for and he said "Mommy." I may have cried. A LOT.

After church we went to Corner Bakery for brunch... where they continued to NOT eat. Or actually, where they continued to take a bite and then scream and cry afterward because it hurt. So sad (and so frustrating!). I drove straight from lunch to urgent care, where they proceeded to wave at everyone who entered and run and jump around the waiting room like they felt like a million bucks. Of course there was lots to explore in the exam room, too:


It turns out Reid has an ear infection and they both have a bad cold that seems to be causing their sore throats. 

Their naps were kind of a disaster, with Grant sleeping only 20 minutes and Reid taking a two-hour nap while laying on me in the rocking chair in their room. I didn't mind, though, and soaked up the sweet cuddle time with my sick boy. 

That afternoon we laid low and just played around the house. Somehow Grant has gotten super brave in the past few days, and will actually pick up the toy "yizards" now:

  
We played outside before bath time and enjoyed the beautiful spring weather... and I just enjoyed being around these two sweet little monkeys who made me a mom:

{Grant L, Reid R}

I am so blessed to be their mom!

Happy Mother's Day to our moms, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, and mother figures -- we thank God for you every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment