Monday, May 6, 2013

Making the most of it

We had a busy weekend filled with lots of fun and absolutely glorious weather! Saturday was Aunt Sassy's 30th birthday, so the boys and I met her and Uncle B for breakfast at the 59 Diner. We came back and played outside, then went to a neighborhood birthday party for the boys' friend Aubrey after naptime. From there, we headed to Dayton for Steph's birthday dinner and spent lots of time watching the cows, horse, goats, and pig at Papaw's barn, and playing with "Mih-ner" (Miller) and "Foamy/Soamy" (Smokey).

On Sunday we went to church and then had more outside fun with the sandbox and bubble machine (more to come on the bubbles...)

{Grant's in green, Reid's in red}
 
 

They spent some time checking out the garden with Ryan. We can't wait until it's time to harvest some of our crops! The boys are more interested in the idea of worms (thank you, Caillou) than veggies, though.

 
 
 

This make-up exchange took place after an argument and hitting match, which ended with Reid telling Grant "Hah-ree, brudder" ("Sorry, brother"):

 

The boys -- Grant especially -- are obsessed with "yizards" that live in our yard. (I need to do an entire post on the cute words they say...) Here they are looking at a yizard on the back fence:

 
 
 
 

After naps we spent an hour at our neighborhood playground to "fing" (swing) and slide, which they ask for about 100 times a day. (Last week Reid angrily told me "No si-side [outside], Mommy. PARK!" which translates to "I don't want to go outside in the yard. I want to go to the park!") 

We are soaking up every minute of this amazing spring while we can!

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how full the garden is! Can't wait to sample some goodies...

    ReplyDelete