Friday, January 11, 2013

Our buckaroos are 2 - Part 2

The partying continued long after our guests had gone home. 


R and G enjoyed some juice boxes at the new little table that will live in our gameroom once I get around to painting it. (Again, Grant's in blue and Reid's in red.) I don't know what it is about juice boxes that makes them seem so grown-up, but I can't handle it!

 

Everyone wanted their picture taken with the guests of honor, but the birthday boys were having none of it.

 
 
 
 

They even sabotaged a few pictures with their fingers in their new favorite spots:

 

Their moods improved dramatically once Aunt Sassy and Uncle B unveiled their birthday gifts, though. Look at their faces (and Grant scrambling to get off the couch) as they saw their plasma cars being wheeled out of the bedroom:



Needless to say, they were a big hit... and not just with the 2-year-olds!

 
 
 
 
 
 

When they got bored with their cars, their daddy came to the rescue with some horsey rides:


 

And finally, our little family:
 

I said all evening long that I wanted to be sure to get a picture of the four of us together before the birthday boys went to bed. This wasn't quite how I envisioned it, but I do love it!

And of course, I can't end without thanking Peggy and Megan for all their help getting ready for and cleaning up after the party (including TWO late nights in the kitchen making and decorating cookies and cupcakes), and my Mom, Randy, Memaw and Papaw for hauling tables and chairs. Thank you all for helping us make this a special, fun day for our precious two-year-olds!

No comments:

Post a Comment