Sunday, July 24, 2011

My new favorite thing

How can it already be Sunday night?

We had the best day today! One of my favorite people in the entire world, Christy, drove from Austin to spend the day with us. Sadly, she left precious 9-month-old Oliver at home with his dad, but we still had a great time catching up (because talking every day at work just isn't enough).

I need to brag on my friend for a minute. She is crazy talented. She has been on the Martha Stewart show and she has an etsy shop of the most adorable baby onesies, burp cloths, stationery and more. She is always sending Reid and Grant (and me!) the cutest, most thoughtful gifts, from bibs to notecards to gift tags, and on and on. But this time she made what just might be the sweetest, most special baby gift I have ever seen--an 18x24 personalized alphabet of words and phrases that are meaningful to these little boys:


I seriously can not stop looking at it. I'm going to have to run out during lunch tomorrow to buy a frame because I can't wait to get it up on their wall.

And just look at this other cuteness from her shop:




Did I mention she also works full-time and has a 9-month-old?? Really her only shortcoming is that she lives in Austin instead of Houston... but I'm excited we'll get to see so much more of her and that beautiful boy this fall when we're in town for football games. I love you, friend!

(Edited to add: Check out the adorable photos she took of our sweet babies!)

Sunday evenings usually depress me, but I'm taking this Thursday and Friday off and the boys have their (belated) 6-month checkup on Friday, so I'm actually looking forward to the week. Any time I get to spend more hours with them than at work is pretty much perfect in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment