![]() |
| {Reid L, Grant R} |
After 2 years 10 months and close to 15,000 diapers, a couple of weeks ago I got a wild hair and decided it was time to give potty training a run. We started on a Friday and literally did not leave the house for three days. I can't even tell you how many hours I spent looking at this:
![]() |
| {Grant L, Reid R} |
![]() |
| {Grown men in training} |
Nor can I tell you the number of times I wanted to give up. Lord have mercy, potty training is not for the faint of heart! The boys actually did great -- once we started, no one ever had more than 3 accidents in a day, and that was only a couple of times each -- but still. This is parenting in the trenches for real.
Of course we had a few minor setbacks, but parts of it were actually much easier than I expected. They use public toilets like a boss. They go #2 like professionals. And now, 2.5 weeks in, they're pretty much golden (pun intended). They tell me when they need to go, and sometimes they even go all by themselves and don't tell me until after the fact. (Or until after they've tried to dump their potties into the big potty and spilled the contents all over the bathroom floor... like I said, NOT. FOR. THE. FAINT. OF. HEART.)
There have also been lots of potty-related prizes, including hundreds of Skittles, dump trucks and backhoes from Honey, time in their bounce house, and a trip to Toys R Us (their first public restroom experience) to get new engines for their train set and some cute conductor duds:
![]() |
| {Grant L, Reid R} |
And because I want to remember it, I'm including the lyrics to the potty song I made up. Sung to the tune of "Texas Fight" (with sincere apologies to my Longhorns):
Potty time, potty time
It's time to sit on the potty.
Potty time, potty time
'Cause we like to go tee-tee.
Potty time, potty time
Yes, the biggest boys are we.
Potty time, potty time, YAY potty time
Now let's try to go tee-tee!
YAY Grant, YAY Reid
YAY boys, GO TEE-TEE
Potty time, potty time, YAY potty time
Potty time, potty time, YAY potty time
All in all, I'm pretty stinking proud of them (and myself, I'm not going to lie). They're turning into big boys right before my eyes, and I could cheer and cry all at the same time.













No comments:
Post a Comment