Friday, August 23, 2013

More from Mimi & Poppy's visit

We just crammed two vacations into the past two weeks (a quick trip to Wisconsin for Ryan and me -- work for him, kid-free R&R for me -- and a trip to Destin to visit the beach with Mimi and Poppy), and now I have some catching up to do.

These are some more pictures from when Mimi and Poppy came to spend the July 4th holiday with us. Fireworks weren't the only fun we had... there was also time spent in the sandbox:



Snuggling...


{Poppy & Reid}
{Poppy & Grant}

Trying corn on the cob for the very first time...

Reid:



And Grant:



And the boys also got to show off their awesome new balance bikes from Honey. They are speed demons on these things, and I'm not sure I've ever seen anything cuter!

{Grant L, Reid R}
{R}
{G}

Poppy also taught them how to go under the bridge, which they would have done for hours on end if he'd let them:


These big boys and their bikes... I can't handle it:

{G}
{R}
{G}
Then, as if the bikes weren't fun enough on their own, Poppy created a little ramp for the Knievel brothers to experiment with:


Of course there were also wagon rides, visits to the park, two trips to the pool where the boys became total waterslide conquerors, and lots of quality time with Mimi and Poppy, not to mention some fun in the fountains after dinner one night (I'm saving those pictures for a separate post).

Thanks, as always, for making the effort to visit us, Mimi and Poppy! We love you, are grateful for any time we can get with you, and can't wait to have you back in September.

1 comment:

  1. The snuggling pictures of Randy and the boys are so sweet! Great shots Melissa

    ReplyDelete