While Ryan was riding Day 1 of the MS150, Aunt Sassy (who I am considering referring to as “Old Faithful” from this point forward) and I loaded up the boys for a quick trip to College Station. Aunt Jordan had just gotten her senior ring from Texas A&M (a big deal in Aggieland), so we were headed to a lunch in her honor.
I was a bit worried about how the boys would do, especially when they decided to be wide awake in the car about a half-hour from College Station. But once again, they proved that I shouldn’t have worried. They were absolute angels! Once we got to the lunch, we put them in their umbrella strollers and they sat there like big boys for awhile, just taking everything in. I think they must be little social butterflies, because they are always SO good when we go new places or are around new people.
![]() |
Grant (L) and Reid (R) pose with the guest of honor. |
![]() |
Uncle Dylan and Grant (who he appears to be trying to protect from a fumble). |
We stayed just long enough to see Jordan attempt another Aggie tradition: the ring dunk. (The ring gets dropped into a pitcher of… um, water… and then the wearer has to chug the entire thing.) Jordan’s real dunk was scheduled for that evening, so she took it easy for this practice round and just polished off about ¼ of a pitcher. (Weak.) Don’t worry, grandparents – we covered the boys’ eyes so they wouldn’t be corrupted.
Congratulations to Aunt Jordan! And remember, boys — Aggieland is fine to visit, but you're not allowed to stay!








No comments:
Post a Comment