Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sweet smiles

Ryan had a golf event and dinner with clients on Monday night, so the boys and I held down the fort by ourselves for the evening. Of course they wanted to go outside immediately after dinner, and they were in such precious, funny moods that I grabbed my camera and was able to get lots of sweet pictures.

{Reid}
{Grant}
{R}
{G}
{R}
{G}
{R}
{G}
{R}

{Grant waving at -- what else?? -- a "beh-deh"}
{R}
They both are talking more and more, and they love to be little hams. Here they are, laying on their picnic table and pretending to go "niiiiiiiiiiiiigh-niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh":

{Reid}
{Grant}
{R}
They can say "cheese" when I'm taking pictures, and then they run over saying "Baby, baby, baby" and want to sit in my lap and look at themselves in the camera's viewfinder. The same thing applies any time they see my phone -- they are obsessed with watching videos of themselves. And I mean really, who can blame them?? They're pretty dang cute, after all... and such big backyard explorers:

 
 
 

One of their favorite games right now is running and hiding behind something when I'm trying to get their attention. Before bathtime, their little naked butts "hide" behind the chair in their bedroom. In the living room, they go "hide" in the corner by the fireplace. It's made even funnier by the fact that they will squint and close their eyes and cover their faces with their hands -- I guess so we can't see them??

But my absolute favorite new habit, which I haven't been able to catch on camera yet, is that they love to love on each other. I can say "Go give your brother a hug" and one will run over to the other and just start hugging and kissing him, stroking his hair, and more -- and it can last for several minutes, with them usually ending up sprawled on the floor with one laying his head on the other one's chest. Are you kidding me?? Melts my heart every. single. time! 

And speaking of melting my heart... I just love these precious faces!

{Grant with the spanking spatula... which he later smacked Reid across the face with.}
{Reid... yes, they're both in dire need of haircuts!}

{G}
{R}
Who are these big boys, and where did my babies go??

No comments:

Post a Comment