I had planned for Grant to be a cowboy and Reid an Indian, but when I pulled out the Indian headdress on Sunday for Reid to try, he didn't want anything to do with it and Grant loved it. I mean, LOVED it. Wore it until I took it off of him and kept wanting to be picked up so he could see himself in the mirror, and he would just grin and grin. Photographic evidence:
I should have known that because he loved it on Sunday, he wouldn't want to touch it with a 10-foot pole on the day that really counted, but I guess I'm still an optimist at heart.
Honey brought the boys home this afternoon so she could see them in their costumes, and from the minute we started changing their clothes they were acting like loons. I managed to snap this picture between tears, snotty noses, thrashing around, and full-on fits:
We jumped in the wagon and walked over to the Vitullis' cul-de-sac for a little block party, and from that point on, my little cowboy and Indian were only interested in riding the various bikes, trikes, and scooters that were littered throughout the street.
![]() |
| This was their general temperament for the first part of the evening... |
We managed to sneak the hat onto Reid's head for a few seconds, until he figured out it was there:
And then of course -- OF COURSE -- Grant wanted to wear it. My confused little Indian:
Grant was also really fascinated by the pumpkins on one of the neighboring porches -- I guess we'll have to break down and carve some next year!
I tried and tried to get some good pictures of them together, but neither one was interested in obliging. So, here are my ornery cowboy and uncooperative Indian:
The only way to get them to sit even remotely still was by bribing them with water bottles:
![]() |
| I guess Halloween is thirsty business! |
Then we have time for a little more riding...
![]() |
| How is this kid big enough for a scooter??? |
and a peace treaty...
and then it was back home for baths and bedtime... but not before Reid tried to channel the Naked Cowboy:
Even with their stinky attitudes, they were still the cutest cowboy and Indian I've ever seen!
Here's hoping we'll be up for trick-or-treating next Halloween... and that these kids will still let me pick out their costumes for at least another year. I'm not holding my breath on that one!


































No comments:
Post a Comment