Saturday, May 26, 2012

Graduation fun

I've had a loooong day, so this is going to be long on pictures and short on narration.

This morning the boys and I were out the door by 8 a.m. to head to Reliant Stadium for Dylan's graduation. (Ryan has been sick the past few days, so he stayed home.) Thankfully, Pops and Aunt Sassy were there to help with the toddler wrangling. 

We didn't even bother to sit down because I knew these kids wouldn't be still for more than a minute. Instead, we let them run around the concourse the entire time... which meant WE had to run around the concourse, too.


{Lined up like baby birds to get some kolache from Aunt Sassy} 
{This face means TROUBLE}
In that last picture, Grant is standing in front of a giant curtain, which them both entertained for a good 15 minutes. They kept wrapping themselves up in it and spinning around and around. Apparently we didn't learn any lessons last time.


After the ceremony was over, we hung around for a few minutes to see Dylan. But the boys were hot and it was getting to be nap time, so we took a few pictures and headed home. Dylan Jay, we are so proud of you!!


{The graduate with his nephews}


We got home, had lunch, and then I ran some errands while the boys napped. After they woke up, we trekked across town to check the progress on our new house. (Three more weeks! Now who's going to come pack this house for us??) We had dinner at Chick-fil-a and then played outside for a little bit before bath time.


These pictures aren't anything special, but I am in love with their sweet madras shorts and monogrammed tees and that's reason enough.



These monkeys have gotten way too good at climbing these past few weeks:


Just when I think I've reached the end of my rope with their mullets, I see a picture like this one of Reid and it makes my heart hurt to think about chopping off those precious curls:



Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that today is my great-grandmother's 99th birthday. (She's not a regular blog reader, but I believe my great-aunt Mary does show it to her from time to time.) Tennie, we love you very much and are so thankful to have you in our lives! Seriously, how cool is it that these boys have a great-great-grandmother??


Now it's time for night-night. Or, as R&G now say: "ny-ny." Melt!

No comments:

Post a Comment