Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring fever

Thank God this week is over! 

I have said it before, but it's worth saying again: The hardest thing about being a working mom is figuring out what to do when my kids are sick. I have an incredibly understanding boss, and I'm able to work during naptime and in the evenings so I don't fall too far behind, but still, it feels like a big ol' tightrope. 

Grant ran fever from Sunday evening through Wednesday night. I stayed home with both of the boys on Monday and Wednesday, and thankfully my mom was able to take Tuesday off and come over to watch them so I could go to work. (Ryan has been great about taking a turn in the past, but with him just starting his new job it wasn't an option this time.)

I honestly thought we had made it through with only one sick kid, but Susan called me around 10:00 this morning to say that Reid had fever now too. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. My mom left work early to go get them both, and tonight we just took it easy. I knew Reid was seriously feeling awful when he didn't want to do anything except sit in our laps all evening.




Between Reid being pitiful and Grant still suffering from a runny nose, they were a pretty somber crew... but a little time in the cozy coupe let them relax and enjoy the gorgeous spring weather.

{No one said they had to be happy...}
{Pitiful Reid... he actually rode around in here for a good 30 minutes, if you can believe that}
{Grant}
 

They were supposed to see their friends Charlotte and Gray tomorrow before they move to Chicago, but we had to cancel that because we don't want to be those germy kids who infect everyone else. Instead, it looks like we'll be enjoying a quiet Saturday at home, with a special visit from Aunt Sassy and Uncle B scheduled for tomorrow night.

TGIF!

1 comment:

  1. That last photo might be the cutest thing I've ever seen...EVER. And I have seen many things in my day. Hope the boys are feeling better today! Enjoy the weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete