The boys and I needed an excuse to get out of the house today, so we braved the rain and visited the Easter bunny.
Of course we got to the mall right as he was starting his bunny break, so we killed an hour by doing some makeup shopping, returning some clothes and making a pit stop at the cookie company. These two are always so good in public, but I can see that we're about to embark on the can't-keep-our-hands-to-ourselves stage. Every time I looked down at the stroller, Reid had his leg swung over Grant's, or Grant was grabbing Reid's hand and trying to put it in his mouth.
I still can't believe the amount of attention people give to twins. And the questions... always the same questions: "Are they twins?" and "Are they identical?" followed by "Are you SURE they're not identical? I think they are." And of course, I can always count on a sweet little elderly couple making me weepy by commenting on how blessed I am.
Anyway, back to the big bunny. The girl working there told me the key to keep kids from crying was to keep their back to the bunny the entire time, then by the time they realized who was holding them, everything would already be over. It worked like a charm for Reid... Grant, not so much. He saw the bunny out of the corner of his eye and nearly did a backflip trying to get a better view. And when he did, the look on his face was one that I will never forget. Complete shock and utter terror, coupled with a death grip on my hair. Mean mom that I am, I plopped him in the bunny's lap and told the photographer to start snapping.
Poor Grant screamed through the whole thing, and Reid kept looking up at the bunny and trying to figure out what was going on, but he never cried or acted upset--just stone-faced:
Totally priceless.
And can I just say that these big boys in sandals? Kill me every time.
Grant calmed down as soon as I picked him up, and then we did a little more shopping to get them ready for naptime. This is just a cute picture of a cute baby (Reid) in a cute hat:
If these kids would leave them on for more than .2 seconds, I would have bought them in a heartbeat.
Tomorrow we're heading to Dayton for a few days. Yay for time off!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

-2.jpg)

Missed you at work but glad you're having fun with your two favorite guys! Have a good weekend and look forward to catching up next week!
ReplyDelete