Monday, August 29, 2011

Laying low

We had a great, uneventful weekend at home and best of all, these little boys didn't have to get in their carseats one single time from Friday afternoon to Monday morning. Don't get me wrong, they do GREAT in the car, but they already spend close to 2 hours a day on the road, so I love it when we don't have to go anywhere.

The only thing on our weekend agenda was a little Saturday morning playdate with the boys' neighborhood twin friends, Kaitlyn and Jake. Their mom and I were so busy swapping stories that I forgot to take a single photo, if you can believe that. Other than that fun, we just had a lazy couple of days.

There was plenty of playing in their "stations"...


...lots of (but never enough... for me anyway) Mommy snuggle time...


...some Daddy TV time...

Reid in front, Grant behind
Grant
...a few pauses for reflection...

Grant
Reid

...some funny face-making, especially with their new signature mugs: Grant's tongue sticking out and Reid's lip curling (These looks are definitely are not flukes. If you only knew how many pictures I have like this...)...

Could Reid look any more exasperated?? I love it.
...a little break for their favorite show, Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends (This is what their heads do every single time the opening song plays)...

Grant L, Reid R

...a little pouting for good measure...


(Are you kidding me with that lip, Reid??)

...some across-the-floor belly dragging crawling practice (Grant is soooo close!)...


...lots of sweet brother bonding while sporting their Clemson caps...

Reid L, Grant R

...and countless smiles, laughs and all-around precious moments, not to mention tooth-flashing! They're both up to 4 -- all on the bottom for Reid, and 3 on the bottom and 1 on top, with another hot on its heels, for Grant....

Reid

Grant

Reid
 Basically, we live for the weekends around here. With entertainment like this, can you blame us??

Reid L, Grant R

2 comments:

  1. I would live for entertainment like that, too! I can't believe how expressive and ADORABLE they are! you are so lucky to have double the fun everyday! (sidenote, had a dream I had twins last night and could not keep them straight. Totally lost track of who was who and had to resort to a DNA test.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lip curl is ridiculous! Can't wait to see these sweeties (AND YOU AND RYE!) in September... it's so close! Love you

    ReplyDelete