Monday, August 6, 2012

Yard work

We had a sweet, sweet weekend with these boys. I stayed home with them on Friday and we ran a couple of errands and just played and played, and they were precious angels all day. They played together, laughed at each other, shared (for real!) and melted my heart over and over again. 

On Friday night the Stanleys and Scharnbergs came over for dinner, so R&G got to show off to an audience... and best of all, they got to enjoy queso and cupcakes just like big boys. 


On Saturday we ran a few more errands, had a birthday party to go to, and had a fun visit from Aunt Jordan and Uncle Dylan. And if that wasn't enough, the boys were reunited with what has quickly become their new favorite toys: their lawnmowers. They pushed these things around the patio for a good 30 minutes without stopping, looking up, or making a peep--just sweating their hot little heads off, allllll business. They would have kept going if we hadn't dragged them inside for bathtime.

I know I've said it before, but there's just something about these pink cheeks (and these outfits -- LOVE!) that absolutely kills me. 

Grant:

 
 
 
 
 
 

Reid:

 
 
 
 
 
 

Sweet babies pre-pink cheeks:


Yesterday Honey came over to play for a couple of hours, and then last night we decided at the last minute to go out to dinner, so we hit up Cracker Barrel. The past couple of times we've gone to restaurants, the boys have been a total handful... but last night they were SO good and easy. They colored (and ate a couple of crayons, but who's keeping track??) and had so much fun playing with those golf tee puzzles that are at Cracker Barrels everywhere.

But the best part of all may have been the pint-sized rocking chairs outside the restaurant:


They ran up and down the sidewalk shrieking, dancing, waving, and showing off for the other diners. They seemed so happy and sweet and carefree that I actually had to sit back and swallow my tears. As hard as this age can be, it is also beyond precious, and I can't help but be overcome with thankfulness and love for these sweet boys.

(Someone remind me of that the next time I'm pulling my hair out, ok??)

1 comment: