Saturday, September 3, 2011

Recruiting violations

We've had another great day. Reid and Grant stayed in their pajamas until this evening, when we had a birthday party to attend. (That warrants its own post.)

I had to run a few errands while the boys were napping this morning, and when I got home 15 minutes after they had woken up it was clear that was all the time their daddy needed to try to steal their loyalty. And he used swinging as a bribe. That's just dirty. 

Grant
Reid
It only got up to the mid-90s here today, so we took advantage of the pleasant and refreshing weather because I'm sure it will be back up to 100+ in a day or so. (How sick is it that mid-90s qualifies as "pleasant and refreshing"?? But after the summer we've had, it totally was.)




After about 20 minutes of swinging, we came back inside and engaged in one of our favorite pastimes: sitting on the floor and trying not to get annoyed as the mom takes 3000 pictures of her children with whom she is obsessed.
Reid
Grant
Grant had this little curl sticking out in the back of his hair this afternoon, and I thought it was the sweetest thing ever.

I thought it might have just been from the hat, but it was there again after bathtime so maybe he's just going to have those sweet baby curls that will kill his mama to cut off.

And this precious kid could not have been smilier (probably not a word, but it should be):


Was it just intense joy to be playing with his mom, you might ask? Not exactly. I was entertaining him with fake gagging noises, his favorite. 

 

Grant wasn't really feeling it, and he definitely let me know it. This is his face when he's fussing at us about something. All business, can't you tell??


But even when they're reminding us who's boss, they can't stay serious for long:


As I type this Saturday night, we've already celebrated one gameday victory at the Wolf House and we're hopeful the Horns will be able to pull it out so both of our teams can have a perfect season at at least one point this season.  

Can this long weekend never end, please???

No comments:

Post a Comment