Thursday, August 28, 2014

Meet the teacher

Ahhhhhhh, I'm the world's worst blogger! But I have a good reason, I promise... more on that soon. I can't even let myself think of how many posts I need to catch up on (all the way from LAST Labor Day), so today I'm just going to start with the most recent. 

I can hardly believe it, but Reid and Grant are starting three-year-old preschool next week. They will go two mornings a week, from 8:30-1, and I am confident it's going to be wonderful for ALL of us. Yesterday morning we went to the school for a classroom visit and so they could meet their teachers, Mrs. Hammons and Mrs. Fuller. 

Ryan was stuck at work so Honey joined us because I wasn't sure how it was going to go. The boys say they're excited about school, but mostly they seem nervous -- they ask me 100 times a day if I'm going to stay with them all day, if I'm going to come back and get them, if I'm going to play all day with them, etc. Anxiety aside, though, Meet the Teacher went great!

  
We stopped outside their room to take this picture in front of their class sign, but their names were up high so I wasn't able to get them. They are in the turtle class, which has 15 students -- only four of whom are boys.  


As soon as we walked into their classroom, they made a beeline for the fish tank and then the pet frogs. 



We spent about an hour exploring their classroom and there was no shortage of things to grab their attention, from cars to dinosaurs to blocks to the science lab, and of course, back to the frogs. 

{Reid}
{Grant}
{G}

{R}
They had fun stringing some beads with Honey:

{Grant L, Reid R}

And then discovered the forbidden fruit: markers (which have long since been banished from our house after repeated couch-, floor-, lamp-, and wall-coloring incidents):

{G}
{R}
{G - I think I was annoying him with the camera}
They loooooved the science lab...



... and played with the puzzles for a good five minutes...

{R}

But the best part might have been taking a little break with Honey in the reading station:


They didn't want a whole lot to do with their teachers but they both threw a fit when it was time to leave, so I think there's hope for Tuesday. Ready or not, it will be here before we know it!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the most perfect classroom...seriously! They are going to love school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for a post!!! Love seeing the photos.. the boys will do GREAT today!

    ReplyDelete