R&G aren't huge Sesame Street fans, which makes me a little sad, but they still like Elmo and Oscar, and they LOVE Zoe. They weren't very happy that they had to wait 15 minutes for the show to start once we got there.
| {This is why I shouldn't say "Smile!" when I take a picture...} |
| {Reid L, Grant R} |
| {Grant is not happy} |
Finally the show started, and they were enthralled. So much so that it appears they didn't crack a smile the entire time...
We sat on the floor, on an aisle, about five rows from the front, so we got to be up close and personal with the characters that danced down the aisle throughout of the show. Of course, these scaredy-cats wanted nothing to do with them... except for when Ernie came over and gave Grant a high-five for his shirt. Grant obliged, and Reid couldn't get away fast enough. From that point on he stayed about four seats away from the aisle.
Just like last year, the highlight was the giant balloons Honey bought them. (And still no smiles... tough crowd!)
Here are a few videos of them clapping and dancing along to the show. The first one is from the very beginning, and I think they're kind of in shock.
We spent the afternoon at Honey's and Big's so they could ride their bulldozers after nap time. They also got in some swing time as well.
Yesterday Miles and Addison came over for a little bit while their daddy helped Ryan unload his new smoker. There are few things these boys love more than when people come to their house!
Addison was being extra shy and hadn't made a peep, despite the boys' best efforts to be good hosts... so at one point they walked her over to the couch, sat her down, and said in the sweetest little voices "Addison, we friends, you need to talk to us! We Reid and Drant (how they both say Grant's name), come play wif us!" I just about died.
Then a little while later they were all sitting on the couch watching The Little Mermaid when Miles looked at Grant and asked him what his name was (I think meaning "Which one are you?") Grant replied, "I Drant. And this is my brother, he's name is Reid." I mean, how are they possibly old enough to just carry on adult conversations with their friends now??
Yesterday afternoon Ryan went to the rodeo cookoff with some buddies and the boys and I headed to Isabella's birthday party at Monkey Joe's. They had a good time, despite being overwhelmed by the size and volume of the bounce houses there, and despite my having to climb into one particularly complicated attraction to rescue them at the beginning. Awesome.
Everyone was a little traumatized by the time we got around to taking pictures because the party had just been visited by the Monkey Joe mascot, a giant purple ape.
| {With the birthday girl... Grant's in green, Reid's in blue} |
They also got to hang out with their twin friends Ethan and Wyatt, so that made things extra fun.
| {Sweet Bella with her arm on Grant's leg} |
Today has been low-key, but we're heading to Dayton after naps to celebrate Uncle Josh's birthday with fried shrimp. When I was telling the boys who all was going to be at Honey's, Reid said "Wow! That's a lot of anybodys!" These kids love a party!

No comments:
Post a Comment