Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Precious polos

Y'all. I have a problem. I can't help it -- these boys are so stinkin' precious and silly and funny that I just can't not post a gazillion pictures of them. Every single expression means something to me and is one I don't want to forget, and I don't know how else to remember except by documenting them. So, consider yourself warned: This is about to be a post with 30+ pictures of nothing but these kids just being their so-cute-I-could-eat-them-up selves. 

This past weekend was a busy one, but sweet. Ryan headed out on Saturday morning to work on his deer blind, so my mom came over and we took the boys to their first class at The Little Gym, which was an adventure. Reid loved it from the get-go. Within just a few minutes he was running everywhere and exploring, and he never slowed down. It took Grant about 30 minutes to warm up -- I think he was terrified we were going to leave him -- but by the end he was having a blast. He especially loved doing log-rolls.

The boys went home with my mom so I could go to a funeral, and afterward Candi came over to her house to hang out for a little bit. Honey and I took the boys swimming that afternoon, and then when we got too cold (thank you Lord for a cool breeze!) we let them run around in the driveway for awhile. We had dinner at Honey's and then headed home. 

Sunday morning we went to church, and I could not handle how adorable and grown-up these big boys looked in their khakis and button-down polos with the sleeves rolled up. This is a terrible picture because of the glare from the sun, but it's a memory I don't want to forget:


This time, both of the boys cried when we dropped them off in their class, so of course I did too, per usual. The sweet ladies in their class said their tears were over pretty quickly, though, so that's encouraging! Ryan and I can not get over how unbelievably cute it is when we go to pick them up and all the kiddos are sitting in toddler-size chairs around a toddler-size table having a snack. The look on their faces when they see us is priceless -- they're so excited that we're there, but they also don't want to give up their graham crackers. I feel you, boys! 

Ryan unpacked their diaper bag when we got home and unearthed a priceless treasure: their first Sunday School artwork!


So, so sweet. 

The weather was so gorgeous on Sunday -- high in the 80s and really low humidity -- so we played outside for most of the afternoon. Now brace yourself for picture overload, but seriously, these big boys in these outfits... I can't handle it.

 
{Grant}
{Reid}
{Reid}
Grant playing peek-a-boo behind the column: 

{Reid}
 
 
{Reid}
{Reid}
{Reid}
 
{Grant with his post-nap Alfalfa 'do}
 
{Spotting -- what else?? -- an airplane, which he calls "beh-deh" every. single. time.}
{Grant -- I wonder if I'll ever be able to stop including captions???}
{Reid}
{R}
{R}
 
{R}
{G}
{G}
{R}
{G}
{R}
{R}
{G}
{R}
{G}
{Grant and his daddy}
 
 

2 comments:

  1. There is no such thing as too many pictures. I cannot get enough! They are so cute and so old... And I know that feeling of pulling the artwork out of the bag. Melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Christy...there is no such thing as too many pictures. Love these sweet faces.

    ReplyDelete